Acupressure is a the oldest Chinese traditions used to cure a number of our health problems. It calls for use of pressure by your hand, elbow along with other means. This form of healing has been around existence for more than 5,000 years. A method recommended by many and it has been used world over. It's a simple method if you know how you can do it. Acupuncture is yet another practice wherein needles are used on the pressure points to cure ailments.
So how exactly does Acupressure work?
Acupressure is a basically science which has helped lots of people. Our body has a variety of pressure points. By applying pressure on these points, it energizes the required organs, which leads to healing from the ailing body. The idea behind acupressure is harmony of mind and soul. The relief it offers by the simple touch and pressure could be turn around in life.
It helps in resurfacing the lost and blocked energy within the curvatures of your body. There's a belief that our body gets charged through the 'Qi' pronounced as 'Chi'. The energy moves along the surfaces of our bodies known as 'meridians'. Applying pressure does all trick sending energy to places where it's been stuck for a long time.
Two common ways of doing acupressure would be the 'Shiatsu' and the 'Jin Sin'. Shiatsu is the common therapy which uses immense pressure, whereas Jin Shin may be the gentler form of acupressure that utilizes soft touch and gentle strokes. Regardless of the techniques of acupressure, the basic aim is to produce a slow paced life.
Benefits of Acupressure
It is a super easy process and may be learnt without much difficulty. The best way to learn acupressure would be to check it out on oneself
- Relaxes the mind and the body
- Increases blood flow
- Relieves from insomnia
- Heals injuries
- Helps with premenstrual syndrome
- Helps in relieving joint pains and aches
- Acts as a first-aid in the event of injury
- Cures common illnesses like cold, sinusitis, migraine
- Relaxes the muscular tension
- Works well for improving
muscle strength and tone
- Learn acupressure from the thorough professional
- While practicing on yourself, have someone around you
- Avoid open wounds, surgery, broken bone, skin infection and other problems
- Prevent specific pressure points during pregnancy
- Avoid acupressure on full stomach
- Avoid cold drinks especially during winter
- Wear comfortable clothes
- Do acupressure for a limited period of time do not go crazy