Infectious Mononucleosis

Infectious mononucleosis is an infectious disease caused by the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) in 90% of cases, while the remaining 10% is caused by cytomegalovirus (CMV). When children are infected with the virus, the infection usually resolves without symptoms. In adults, 25-75% will develop symptoms of the disease for which the…

Sun Allergy

Sun allergy is a condition in which the sun causes skin reaction. For most people, symptoms include itching and red rash in areas that were exposed to the sun. Severe allergy to the sun can cause skin rashes, blisters or other symptoms. There are several types of sun allergies such…

Inflammation of the Appendix-Appendicitis Ac.

Acute inflammation of appendix occurs at the moment of plugging the lumen of the appendix with faecoliths (food and paste contents in the intestine), which then leads to inflammation. The appendix is a small, finger-like outgrowth rudimentary in the beginning of the large intestine, which is located on the lower…

Listeriosis

Listeriosis is a disease caused by Listeria monocytogenes, which can be manifested by various symptoms or syndromes that vary depending on the pathogenesis, site of pathogen entry and age of the affected person.   Etiology and pathogenesis   Listeria is a gram-positive, weakly pathogenic bacterium that is able to grow…

Infectious Diseases of the Intestine -General

These are all infectious diseases in which the pathogen or its products enter the body through the mouth, and reproduce in the gut and are usually excreted by faeces.   Epidemiology   Infection is usually transmitted by faeco-oral route. These are most commonly diseases of low hygienic standards, with the…

Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphomas

Non Hodgkin’s lymphomas (NHLs) are a group of diseases marked with a malignant change and multiplication of lymphocytes which have origination in the lymph node, and rarely in other organs. The disease is most common in middle or old age. Cause Exact cause is unknown and it is assumed that…
1 2 3 80

RECOMMEND US »

»

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.


Archives »

Random Posts »